Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Each coin contains .7517 oz of Silver.
- Struck at the Vienna Mint.
- Graded as MS-63 by PCGS, one of the two major, independent grading services.
- Lightly and originally toned with some minor adjustment marks attesting to its originality.
- Obverse: Features the right facing profile of Maria Theresa, mature armored bust.
- Reverse: Displays the Crowned Imperial double-headed eagle with the arms of Austria at the center.
- KM 1799; Dav 1112; Herinek 469; Voglhuber 274/2.
Protect and display your Thaler in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this Original 1765 Austria Maria Theresa Silver Thaler MS-63 to your cart today!
Maria Theresa succeeded her father, Charles VI, as ruler of the Kingdoms of Austria and Hungary in 1740. During her 40-year reign, she defended her empire successfully in the War of the Austrian Succession. The Silver Thaler was the currency of the empire and its dominions.
This coin was one of the most important trade coins in Europe, and one of the best known in the world. The Austrian Thaler and the Spanish 8 Reales were the basis for the Silver dollar which was adopted by the fledgling United States under the mint Act of 1792. In fact, the word "dollar" is derived from the German/Austrian word "Thaler".
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.