Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II exclusive to Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features four Macaroni penguins on a rocky and snowy outcrop with mountains in the background.
- Minted on behalf of the South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands by Pobjoy Mint.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2019 South Georgia Blue Titanium £2: Macaroni Penguin coin to your cart today!
Macaroni penguins can be found from the Sub-Antarctic to the Antarctic Peninsula, including South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands. The population has declined drastically in several locations, including a drop of 50% in the South Georgia population. This decline in numbers has led to the species being listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
Due to the difficulty of striking Titanium coins and the fact that Titanium reacts differently with every strike, each Blue Squid coin is technically different from all others. There is also a lined effect that is present on the coins which is unique to this metal.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.