Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II exclusive to Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features Queen Triggerfish swimming above a coral reef.
- Minted on behalf of the South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands by Pobjoy Mint.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2019 Ascension Island Purple Titanium 1 Crown: Triggerfish coin to your cart today!
The Queen Triggerfish (Balistes vetula) is a reef dwelling triggerfish found in the Atlantic Ocean. In the eastern Atlantic it is found at Ascension, Cape Verde and Azores. The large oval-shaped fished is so named due to its unique spines on its anterior dorsal fins which are used to lock the fish into a crevice during the night. The first spine locks and the second spine unlocks, like a trigger. This prevents predators from pulling them free or swallowing the fish.
Due to the difficulty of striking Titanium coins and the fact that Titanium reacts differently with every strike, each Blue Squid coin is technically different from all others. There is also a lined effect that is present on the coins which is unique to this metal.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.