Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 300 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes housed in plastic capsules along with a presentation box.
- Obverse: Depicts an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II used exclusively by Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features Pegasus, the mythical horse, rearing up with his wings spread.
- Underneath Pegasus' torso is a "P" privy mark, indicating the coin is a reverse frosted coin.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British Virgin Island government.
Pegasus is one of the best-known creatures in Greek mythology. This winged horse is usually depicted as white in color and was always considered a good-hearted and gentle animal. Throughout his life, Pegasus remained a mysterious creature that symbolized divine inspiration or the journey to heaven. As a reward for his service and loyalty, Zeus honored him with a special immortality, turning him into a constellation on the last day of his life.
Protect and display your Silver Pegasus coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Own the second release of this exciting bullion series minted for the British Virgin Islands by adding this stunning 1 oz Proof Silver Pegasus coin to your cart today!
The story of Pegasus begins when Perseus is sent to kill one of the three Gorgons, Medusa who had writhing snakes instead of hair. It was said that anyone unfortunate enough to gaze on her face would turn to stone. The God Hermes and the Goddess Athena came to aid Perseus with special gifts, including a shield which Perseus used as a mirror so he did not look directly at Medusa. When Perseus beheaded Medusa it is said that Pegasus was born from the blood of the Gorgon. Many wanted to capture Pegasus but no one could work out how to tame such a magnificent creature.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review