Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
- Extremely low mintage of only 250 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Each coin comes elegantly presented in a custom red wood lacquered case and black beauty box.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt as well as the face value of “300 DOLLARS”.
- Reverse: Canadian artist Celia Godkin has captured the distinctive beauty of the Silver maple leaf—the deep indentations between its lobes, irregular teeth and defined points. Three leaves hang from the sprig in the background, each becoming smaller to enhance the sense of perspective. The large leaf in the foreground hangs upside-down with its central lobe pointed towards the bottom of the field. The leaf’s delicate veining is clearly visible through the translucent red enamel that brings a dynamic touch of autumnal color to the design.
This limited-mintage Platinum coin makes a unique gift for collectors and investors alike. Add this 2019 Proof Canadian Platinum Maple Leaf Forever coin to your cart today!
Platinum will not tarnish. Neither will the allure of this very limited coin. It’s Canada’s first Platinum coin to be selectively enameled and features a red leaf from the Silver maple to highlight the diverse species behind Canada’s beloved symbol.
The Silver maple grows from southwestern New Brunswick west to the Manitoba – Ontario border. It gets its name from the Silvery underside of its leaves. They produce a beautiful shimmering effect in the wind that is unique to this tree.
The Silver maple grows fast—more than 60 cm per year. It was a favorite among settlers seeking a steady supply of wood and a summer spot of shade. Some even claimed its sap was sweeter than the sugar maple, but the yield was too small to be commercially viable. The Silver maple’s leaves, however, are beyond compare. Their distinct contours are captured here in the captivating translucence of vivid red enamel.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review