2019 RCM 2 oz Gold $250 Queen Elizabeth's Sapphire Tiara
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Sold out at the mint! This is the third gemstone tribute to Her Majesty based on one of the more modern additions to the Royal collection: a modern sapphire tiara commissioned in 1963.
Beyond the allure of the precious stones, the regal headpieces worn by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II are priceless pieces of history that often carry a deeper meaning and significance. On the reverse, 28 diamonds sparkle like snow next to the deep indigo color of the four sapphire pieces. Each gemstone has been carefully positioned to resemble a key element from the tiara, which was specifically created to complement a wedding gift from Her Majesty’s father, King George VI.
- Extremely limited mintage of 175 coins.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Likeness of Queen Elizabeth II with a stylized design.
- Reverse: A re-creation of the central design element of the modern sapphire tiara worn by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. It features 28 diamonds that surround four sapphire pieces. This arrangement of precious stones is flanked by two engraved elements that highlight the intricacy of the tiara design. The reverse includes the inscription “CANADA” at the top and “250 DOLLARS” at the bottom.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
This coin is a unique keepsake that cherishes the individuality of Canada's beloved queen. Add this beautiful 2019 Canada 2 oz Gold Sapphire Tiara coin to your cart today!
Since its creation in 1963, Her Majesty’s sapphire tiara has been occasionally referred to as the Victorian Sapphire Tiara or the George VI Sapphire Tiara—a reference to the Victorian-era sapphire pieces given to Her Majesty as a wedding gift in 1947. The Sapphire Suite originally consisted of a sapphire-and-diamond necklace and pendant earrings that are among Her Majesty’s favorite sapphire jewels. The addition of this tiara helped round out the assembled parure; it was created from a 19th-century sapphire necklace that once belonged to Princess Louise of Belgium (1858-1924).
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.