Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
On June 22 1897, parades, picnics and fireworks displays took place in communities across the Dominion to mark Her Majesty Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. Her 60-year reign was an unprecedented milestone in the modern history of the British Empire (equaled by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 2012), and it gave Canadians an opportunity to celebrate a monarch who helped lay the foundation for the Canada of today.
This stamp-shaped collectible looks back at what collectors consider to be the Dominion of Canada’s first commemorative stamps: the 1897 “Jubilee” issue. The dual-portrait design pays homage to our postal history and is a loving tribute to a long-reigning sovereign, whose May birthday is still celebrated by Canadians 200 years later in most provinces and territories in Canada.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The deep blue-colored reverse is a reproduction of Canada’s 1897 “Jubilee Issue” 50-cent stamp designed by Peleg Franklin Brownell and Lyndwode Charles Pereira. The portrait on the left is based on an 1837 painting by Alfred Edward Chalon of Her Majesty Queen Victoria, the dual dates “1837 and “1897” that reflect the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty’s reign.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A unique keepsake for anyone to cherish for a lifetime, add this 2019 Silver 50-Cent Queen Victoria Jubilee Stamp coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.