|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Struck during the reign of Phillip IV.
- Dates will vary based upon issue.
- Struck in Silver.
- Packaged in protective plastic with a COA describing the nature of the wreck.
- Obverse: Arms of Castille and Leon separarted by a long cross.
- Reverse: Crowned Hapsburg Shield.
- Struck at the Potosi Mint.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These coins are great for any collector of world Silver coins. Add some of these Silver 8 Reales coins to your cart today!
The Spice Islands wreck is a mystery whether it was actually a plate ship or merchant vessel is unclear. What is known is that when the ship became stuck and too damaged to continue on her voyage; the crew made the decision to light the ship on fire and scuttle her contents. Whether this was to spoil the victory of a ship giving chase or an attempt to signal passing vessels is unclear, though given the amount of Silver recovered from the wreck, it can be seen that the loss of this vessel was a severe economic blow to whomever she belonged to.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review