Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Includes a display box, along with an outer box and numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the CSIRO Parkes radio telescope and the Ian-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features an Apollo 11 astronaut and the lunar module Eagle, with the Earth in the sky. Also features special nickel-plating to give the effect of darkness, with the Earth in color through colorized printing.
Following their previously sold out series of Silver Domed coins, the Royal Australian Mint has released another Silver Domed coin to celebrate the momentous achievement of the Apollo 11 moon landing from 1969. Add this special 2019 1 oz Silver Domed Apollo 11 Moon Landing coin to your cart today!
Apollo 11 Moon Landing
July 1969 marks the historic moment mankind first stepped foot onto the Moon. Commander Neil Armstrong and Pilot Buzz Aldrin landed the Apollo 11 Lunar module "Eagle" on July 20 on the Moon's Sea of Tranquility. The event was broadcasted live, with over 600 million viewers estimated to have watched this significant moment. Australia provided four radio antennas to help receive and live broadcast images of the moon walk. Armstrong described the event as "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind", referring to reaching one of humanity's most significant achievements.
Royal Australian Mint has produced a series to commemorate the historic Apollo 11 Moon Landing, with coins available in Gold and Silver, and have also created a special 2-Coin Collaboration Set in partnership with the United States Mint.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.