2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary 1/2 Dollar Proof Set
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
This limited-edition set features two Proof half dollars, including the unique domed Apollo 11 commemorative and a special Kennedy half dollar in an Enhanced Reverse Proof finish commemorating the important role of President Kennedy in the Apollo program.
- Comes in U.S. Mint packaging.
- Minted at the San Francisco Mint.
- One of only 100,000 of these sets produced including the Reverse Proof Kennedy half.
- Obverse: Image of a footprint on the lunar surface. The names of the first U.S. manned spaceflight programs - Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo - are above, representing the efforts of the U.S. space program which culminated in reaching this historic milestone.
- Reverse: Depiction of the iconic photograph showing Neil Armstrong, the U.S. flag, and the lunar lander on the lunar surface, as seen reflected in Buzz Aldrin's helmet.
This set represents one of the greatest achievements of the United States in the 20th century with an innovative new collectible. Add the domed Apollo 11 half dollar and the limited mintage Reverse Proof Kennedy half to your cart today!
This new commemorative release from the U.S. Mint celebrates one of the most triumphant moments in U.S. history, as American astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the moon on July 20, 1969.
A portion of the cost of each coin is donated in support of the Astronauts Memorial Foundation, the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation, and the upcoming "Destination Moon" exhibit at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.