Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Only 26 coins in this highest grade of Proof-70 grade by PCGS, with First Day of Issue designation.
- Limited mintage of only 750 coins worldwide.
- PCGS encapsulation grades this coin a PR-70 First Day of Issue, with an exclusive Apollo 11 anniversary label.
- First Day of Issue designation guarantees these coins were among the first released from the mint.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Obverse: Features the CSIRO Parkes radio telescope and the Ian-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features an Apollo 11 astronaut and the lunar module Eagle, with the Earth in the sky.
Following their previously sold out series of Gold Domed coins, the Royal Australian Mint has released a new Gold Domed coin for 2019, to celebrate the momentous achievement of the Apollo 11 moon landing. Add this special 2019 1 oz Gold Domed Apollo 11 Moon Landing PR-70 First Day of Issue coin to your cart today!
Apollo 11 Moon Landing
July 1969 marks the historic moment mankind first stepped foot onto the Moon. Commander Neil Armstrong and Pilot Buzz Aldrin landed the Apollo 11 Lunar module "Eagle" on July 20 on the Moon's Sea of Tranquility. The event was broadcast live, with over 600 million viewers estimated to have watched this significant moment. Australia provided four radio antennas to help receive and live broadcast images of the moon walk. Armstrong described the event as "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind", referring to reaching one of humanity's most significant achievements.
Royal Australian Mint has produced a series of Proof coins to commemorate the historic Moon Landing from 1969. Shop the full Moon Landing series here!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.