- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
It began on Juno Beach, and it continued at Buron. Autie. Carpiquet. Caen. Falaise. The D-Day landings of June 6, 1944, were a success. But the costly path to victory in Normandy would take Canada’s troops through towns and villages, where they became embroiled in a battle of attrition against some of the enemy’s best troops: the elite Panzer divisions. Steeled by combat experience, the wary soldier from the 2019 Proof Dollar is now the image of steady resolve on this 1 oz. fine Silver coin. Coin Highlights:
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 7,500 coins.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: The obverse features the effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget.
- Reverse: Designed by artist Brad Anderson, the reverse finds a Canadian infantry soldier advancing during the Normandy Campaign (June 6-August 30, 1944). The ground-level perspective allows a view of the soldier’s determined expression as he crouches down with his rifle raised. Behind him is an LCA carrier used for the landings at Juno Beach, and a Sherman III D-Drive tank to symbolize Canada’s armored divisions. To commemorate the beginning of the Liberation of Western Europe, the air is filled with the “sound” of victory ringing out, with sound waves visually representing the D-Day radio signals that broadcast “V” for “Victory” in Morse code.
Add this brilliant Silver Battlefront Series the Normandy Campaign: Operation Tonga coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.