Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
While the United States launched and landed the spacecraft, Canadians also have every reason to celebrate. In fact, many don’t know that the landing gear for the Apollo 11 Lunar Module was designed by the Canadian company, Héroux-Devtek. Technically, Canadian technology was thus the first object of Apollo 11’s mission to touch the moon!
Canada’s Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau, along with other world leaders, sent messages of goodwill for this historic mission. These messages appear on a silicone disc about the size of a U.S. 50-cent coin that was left on the lunar surface. He wrote, "Man has reached out and touched the tranquil moon. May that high accomplishment allow man to rediscover the Earth and find peace".
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 700 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The reverse design by Canadian artist Tony Bianco features the iconic scene when mankind first set foot on the Moon, with the landing module towering in the background. It is marked with the memorable dates “1969” and “2019” and “50 years/ans” that have passed since the event. The peace message added by Pierre Elliott Trudeau on a tiny silicone disk that was left on the Moon also appears on the edge of the coin. The design features a rounded, convex shape reminiscent of the Moon.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
The perfect gift for space enthusiast. Add this 1/2 oz Gold $100 Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing curved coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.