1899 $1.00 Silver Certificate Black Eagle VF Details (FR#229)
Rollover to Zoom
The note pictured is the exact note you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis series 1899 $1 Silver Certificate is known as the "Black Eagle" note due to the prominence of our national symbol on the front. This is an earlier issue with Vernon/McClung signatures.
- Issued beginning in 1899 until 1923.
- Housed in an archival quality currency holder.
- This note has Very Fine Details.
- Face: A large eagle with spread wings perched above small portraits of Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant.
- Back: Obligation language at center with the denomination among stylized scrollwork.
This tough Friedberg number has a few places of thinning/missing paper, so it is priced to save you $$$! Add this 1899 $1.00 Silver Certificate to your cart today!
Vernon/McClung signatures—Friedberg #229.
The Vernon/McClung signature combo indicates this note was printed sometime between November of 1909 and March of 1911.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.