|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Widely considered to be one of Canada's most beautiful commemorative pieces, the 1949 Silver Dollar is re-imagined here as a brilliant uncirculated fine Silver piedfort coin. Piedforts are almost twice as thick as a standard 1 oz coin!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 6,000 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Except for the updated date "2019", the reverse is a reproduction of Thomas Shingles' original design for a commemorative Silver dollar issued in 1949, to mark Newfoundland's entry into Canadian Confederation (March 31, 1949). It features a detailed rendering of the Matthew, the ship historians believe John Cabot was sailing when he reached the coast of Newfoundland in 1497. The image of the three-masted whip under full sail was originally based on a model and taken from a photograph provided by Ernest Maunder of St. John's, Newfoundland. Beneath the water lies the Latin inscription "FLOREAT TERRA NOVA" ("May the New Found Land Flourish").
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
The last coin in the series sold out quick so be sure to add this 1 oz Silver Piedfort Timeless Icons coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.