|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 6,500 coins.
- Obverse: Features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt
- Reverse: An image by Michelle Grant captures the excitement of the roping competition at the 1919 Victory Stampede. In the background, spectators fill the original grandstand in Calgary. In the foreground, a Gold-plated cowboy holds the reins tightly with one hand while twirling the lariat overhead, as the horse races towards the target. The Gold-plated rim is a four-strand rawhide lariat that was commonly used for roping livestock in that time period.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this $20 Fine Silver Calgary Stampede: Victory Stampede coin to your cart today!
From August 25-30, 1919, more than 57,000 people attended the Victory Stampede held at Calgary’s Exhibition Grounds. Those in attendance witnessed thrills and spills as hundreds of cowboys and cowgirls competed in events like bronc riding, fancy roping, trick riding, relay races and more. The Victory Stampede celebrated the end of four long years of war and victory in Europe.
Despite being a one-off event, the “Great Victory Entertainment” planted the seeds for the 1923 western showcase that kicked off an annual tradition in “Stampede City.” This coin is a selectively Gold-plated tribute to the cowboy contests of yesteryear, with a design that reflects history in every engraved detail—from the original Stampede grandstand to the lariat that ropes in the reverse.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.