|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 2 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes presented in a beautiful walnut effect box with a special numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 650 coins.
- Obverse: Features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II produced exclusively by Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features two portraits – one of a young Queen Victoria and the other of Queen Victoria in later years. Two sprays of flowers are included in the design – Hawthorn on the left and Lily of the Valley on the right – the birth flowers for the month of May.
- Minted on behalf of British Virgin Islands by Pobjoy Mint.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2019 BVI 2 oz UHR Silver Birth of Queen Victoria, 200th Anniv coin to your cart today!
Born on May 24th, 1819 at Kensington Palace in London, Queen Victoria was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from June 20th,1837 until her death on January 22nd, 1901. Her reign of 63 years and seven months was longer than that of any of her predecessors and was known as the Victorian Era. It was a period of industrial, cultural, political, scientific and military change within the United Kingdom and resulted in the expansion of the British Empire.
During the reign of Queen Victoria, the harvesting of sale was once an annual tradition on Salt Islands in the Virgin Islands. The residents would gather once a year to harvest the salt from the lake and it became customary for the Administrator of the Virgin Islands and later the Governor of the Virgin Islands to send one pound of salt to the Monarch on the Queen’s Birthday. Over time this tradition disappeared but in 2015, the Governor of the British Virgin Islands decided to renew the tradition and for the first time in many years a pound of salt from Salt Island was presented to the Sovereign. It is therefore very apt that this amazing new Ultra High Relief fine Silver coin has been released on behalf of the British Virgin Islands.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.