|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This exclusive coin looks back at the half-dollar issued in 1943, which is re-created here in pure Silver with a celebratory touch of Gold plating.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 4,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a cornucopia of Canadian iconography. Rotate the coin to view each of these plant and wildlife icons, on land and in the skies.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A unique keepsake for anyone to cherish for a lifetime, add this 2018 2 oz 75th Anniversary of the 1943 Half-Dollar coin to your cart today!
The reverse features a re-creation of the stylized Arms of Canada designed by G. E. Kruger-Gray, as it appeared on Canada’s 50-cent coin in 1943. At the center is the Shield, with the royal symbols of Great Britain and France in the upper quadrants: three lions (England), one lion within a “double tressure” (Scotland), the harp of Tara (Ireland), and three fleur-de-lis (France). In the bottom portion of the Shield, a sprig of three maple leaves represents Canadians of all origins. Two Supporters hold the Shield: on the viewer’s left, a lion holds a lance with the Union Jack; on the right, a unicorn holds the royal flag of France. Above the Shield is an enlarged version of the Royal Crown, which reflects the monarchy of Canada.
Both the rim and the arms are gold-plated, which strikes an elegant contrast between the gleam of gold and the Silver shine of the mirror-like background. Along with the reeded edge, the reverse includes the engraved face value “50 CENTS” and the word “CANADA”, while the dates “1943-2018” are inscribed in a matching font to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the 1943 issue. The selective gold plating continues on the obverse, which features the effigy of George VI by Sir T.H. Paget.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review