Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- 48 Coin Set chronicling the emperors and empresses of the period of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.
- This set includes 28 Bronze denominations and 20 Silver coins.
- Housed in a deluxe locking wooden box with a key and removable drawers.
- Included in this set is a copy of ERIC II by Rasiel Suarez, a full-color, 14-pound, 1400-page encyclopedia of Roman imperial coinage.
- Obverse: Various emperors (our choice).
- Reverse: Various designs (our choice).
- Hand-struck measuring approximately 17 mm to 20 mm in diameter and in Extra Fine or better condition.
- All coins have been authenticated and encapsulated by NGC to protect their authenticity.
Own a piece of ancient history with these coins that are 1,500-1,700 years old! Add one of these Roman Coin sets to your cart today!
Emperors and designs will be of our choosing, determined by stock on hand.
Following the death of Marcus Aurelius his chosen heir Commodus would see the beginning of a long decline in the Roman State. The decline can be attriubuted to a number of issues including military underspending and overspending on feasts and gladiatorial games. The reign of Commodus is remembered by the Roman Historian Cassius Deo as the turning point in Rome's future. Deo is quoted as stating "Our history now descends from a kingdom of Gold to one of Iron and Rust".
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.