Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .6214 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: A rat is featured in the center of the coin surrounded by a circle of traditional Chinese motives. The rat appears to go through the coin using the door displayed on the reverse. The animal's ideogram appears on the rat itself and was drawn by Changqing Zhao, the Vice President of the Chinese Calligraphy Society.
- Reverse: Shows all of the animals in the Chinese zodiac. They are featured on a screen surrounding a traditional Chinese temple door.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2020 France Silver €10 Year of the Rat Proof (Lunar Series) coin to your cart today!
The Rat is the first sign of the Chinese Astrology. People born in the year of the rat are known as resourceful, multi-skilled, and have an alert mind.
The Chinese calendar is one of the oldest in the world and is based off of the sun and moon. Months are set according to the moon. For example, the first day of each month is the new moon and the 15th day is the full moon. Because the solar year counts 12 lunar months plus a dozen days, seven intercalary months are added over each 19 years in order for the calendar year to stay within a solar year. According to Chinese tradition, the first calendar system was created by the Yellow Emperor in 2637 BC. The Gregorian calendar was officially adopted by the PRC in 1912, then extended to the whole state in 1929. New Year is between January 20th and February 21st each year.
Chinese signs of the zodiac include the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and the Pig. Each animal is a symbolizes personality traits of people born during the sign.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.