- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The first flight from England to Australia touched down in Darwin on December 10, 1919. Piloting an open air cockpit Vickers ‘Vimy’ aircraft, Captain Ross Smith, Lieutenant Keith Smith and Sergeants Wally Shiers and James Bennett made the 17,910 kilometer flight in 28 days. The amazing feat in long-distance aviation was the catalyst to develop domestic air routes across northern Australia.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- The coin is housed in a classic display case with a clear lid. Packaged with an illustrated shipper, each coin is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 2,000 coins.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, the coin’s weight and fineness, and the 2019 year-date are shown on the coin’s obverse. The propeller inset is bordered by a pattern of lines portraying wind and movement.
- Reverse: Depicts a map with the flight’s route marked above an illustration of a mountainous landscape. In the foreground is a representation of the Vickers aircraft. The center of the coin features a propeller inset. The design includes The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mint mark and the inscription ‘CENTENARY OF FIRST FLIGHT’ and ‘ENGLAND TO AUSTRALIA’.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this highly sculptural 2 oz Silver 100th Anniversary of the First Flight coin to your cart today!
This coin has been individually ‘antiqued’ to give it a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artifact. As a result of this treatment, the appearance of each coin may vary.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.