Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
The Series 1869 deuce is commonly referred to as a Rainbow note due to the colorful front. These notes have a portrait of Thomas Jefferson with a vignette of the U.S. Capitol. This is a nice medium-grade specimen and very desirable with great color.
- This is first Two Dollar Legal Tender denomination to be issued by the United States after the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve by PMG.
- Graded by PMG as Very Fine-30 EPQ.
- Allison/Spinner signatures—Friedberg #42.
- Face: Large portrait of Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States with a vignette of the U.S. Capitol at center.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
This series has become a favorite with collectors due to the colorful fronts which gives these their nickname of "Rainbow Notes". Add one of these classics to your cart today!
This note has seen light wear and is without the usual distraction typical of these early U.S. paper money issues.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.