Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 3,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued premium presentation case with a stand and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The reverse also inspired the background pattern seen on the obverse, which features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: The reverse design by Kwakwaka'wakw'/K'omocks artist Andy Everson is an engraved side profile of an eagle head, presented in the Northwest Coast formline style. Framed by the coin's feather-shaped contour, the eagle's ovoid eye and downward-curving break are surrounded by variations of split-U forms that re-create the eagle's facial features and feathers.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
A specially shaped tribute to a great cultural icon, the eagle, whose feather inspired the coin’s shape! Add this Silver $20 Eagle Feather coin to your cart today!
Strength. Peace. Wisdom. Honor. The eagle represents the noblest qualities a person can have. As a messenger to the Creator, its wing feathers deliver thoughts and prayers to the spirit world whenever the eagle takes to the skies. Our first feather-shaped coin shows reverence to both the eagle and its feather—two symbols that have special cultural and spiritual significance to Indigenous peoples in Canada. The eagle is depicted in a Northwest Coast style on the engraved reverse, where the eye hints at its sharp vision and intelligence. Its feather, which inspired the shape of this coin, commands great respect; whether worn, held high or held close to one’s heart, an eagle feather is a privileged gift that transmits strength and love while representing the highest honor.
“I decided to include the head of an eagle with the form of the feather to drive home the idea of where this particular feather came from. I think it’s significant to mention that the shape of eagle feathers has helped inform certain forms within the Northwest Coast formline style —especially the “split u” shape, which was inspired by the feather and is featured in this design.” Artist: Andy Everson
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.