- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Mintage of only 599 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1.24 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin is presented in a timber case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination. This side is flat which represents the belief the earth is flat.
- Reverse: Features a detailed image of a round Earth with latitude and longitude lines and outline of the countries. To the right is an image of Magellan and also includes the inscriptions: 'FIRST CIRCUMNAVIGATION OF THE EARTH 500 YEARS 1519 - 2019".
- Sovereign coin backed by the Samoa government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
An historical coin which is round on one side and flat on the other and is lightly antiqued. Add this Earth Domed Coin to your cart today!
In 1519, Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan launched a Spanish expedition, the Armada de Molucca, that completed the first circumnavigation of the world in 1522. The expedition's goal was to find a western route to the Moluccas (Spice Islands). Magellan left Spain on September 20, 1519, sailed across the Atlantic, and discovered the strait that now bears his name, allowing him to pass through South America into the Pacific Ocean (which he named). The fleet crossed the Pacific, stopping in what is today called the Philippines, and eventually reached the Moluccas after two years, accomplishing its goal.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Dec 17, 2020
The historical subject caught my attention, plus I have other domed coins. The burnished patina was darker than I would have liked, but the navigation route design was very well done.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.