|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The first Domed Lunar coin in a 1 ounce Silver size celebrates the first animal in the Chinese lunar calendar, the clever Rat. There is a limited mintage of 7,500 coins, with even less coins certified in a perfect Proof-70 First Strike grade by PCGS.
- Limited mintage of 7,500 coins, with even less coins in a PR-70 grade certified by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated in a PCGS holder, certifying the coin a PR-70 First Strike, with our exclusive Royal Australian Mint label.
- First Strike designation guarantees the coin shipped from the Mint with the first 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Features the lunar calendar wheel, with the rat at the top of the wheel, and the Ian-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a clever rat, surrounded by auspicious lychee. Also included is the title "Year of the Rat", along with the metal content and purity.
Following their previously sold out series of Silver Domed coins, the Royal Australian Mint has released the first Domed Lunar coin to celebrate the start of a new Lunar calendar cycle. Add this magnificent 2020 1 oz Silver Domed Lunar Year of the Rat Proof coin to your cart today!
Lunar Year of the Rat
The rat is the first sign of the twelve-year lunar calendar, and 2020 brings the year of the metal rat. People born under this sign are known for being talented, persuasive and self-aware. The traditional story of the zodiac race also describes the Rat's clever, and quick-witted nature. When the Jade Emperor had the twelve animals of the zodiac race across the river to decide which order they would go in, the rat hitched a ride on the strong Ox, and managed to come first.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
|Grade||Proof - 70|
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.