Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited edition presentation mintage of 300 worldwide.
- Contains .4568 oz of Gold.
- Comes in a display box, with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Includes the Jody Clark designed effigy of Her Majesty Elizabeth II along with the denomination.
- Reverse: Features Christopher Ironside's iconic Britannia design inscribed with "NEW PENCE" like the original coin.
This Gold Proof celebrates the 50th anniversary of the first seven-sided coin's introduction. Add this 2019 Great Britain Gold Proof 50 Years of the 50 pence coin to your cart today!
First introduced in October 1969, the 50 pence has become a mainstay of British coinage over the years, with its unique seven-sided shape. This 2019 anniversary coin marks 50 years of this iconic coin, and the reverse design features the iconic Britannia design, inscribed with"NEW PENCE" similar to the original 1969 coin. On the outer rim of the reverse, the letters A to G appear on each point and are joined by arced crossing lines - a minting first on a 50p coin. A secondary mark is also on the reverse of the coin, with a spirograph-type design drawn from an extension of lines forming the 50p shape.
Each coin is struck in 22 karat Gold, and finished to a Proof standard.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.