Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited mintage of 400 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1.17 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the PR-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Depicts the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the year of issue and country of issue.
- Reverse: Features Una & The Lion. It depicts Queen Victoria as Una leading the British lion with her scepter. The Latin phrase DIRIGE DEUS GRESSUS MEOS – "May God direct my steps". Underneath the lion are the Roman Numerals "MDCCCXXXIX" (1839).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Alderney government.
Display your Una & The Lion Gold Coin in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The design is recognized as one of the most beautiful coins ever struck. Add this 2019 1 oz Gold Una & The Lion coin to your cart today!
Una and the Lion are characters in Spenser's The Faerie Queene. The year was 1590 when the English poet Edmund Spenser published the first part of his fantastic allegorical work on the Faerie Queene. The Faerie Queene was a metaphor for the successful regent of the author’s home country, hence for Elizabeth I, who had brought England, being torn by religious wars at that time, peace and prosperity.
Visit www.visitalderney.com to learn more.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.