Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Contains .868 oz actual Silver weight.
- First of four releases to celebrate the 500th Anniversary of the First World Circumnavigation.
- Coin comes in protective capsule with a box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts a colorized image of the five ships of the expedition leaving Spain, the denomination and the coat of arms of Juan Sebastian Elcano. 'V CENTENARIO DE LA VUELTA AL MUNDO'.
- Reverse: Features the images of Juan Sebastian Elcano and Francisco Magellan. The bust of Carlos V, the reigning King at that time to the right.
- Minted and guaranteed by the Spanish Royal Mint.
Protect your Proof coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add the first of four releases commemorating the 500th Anniversary of the First World Circumnavigation to your collection today!
The world was never the same after this expedition. 239 men and five ships left Spain in 1519 searching a route westward to the Spice Islands (present day Moluccas Islands, Indonesia).
The Armada de Moluccas was the name of the Spanish fleet in the first expedition to sail to the Spice Islands from Europe and perform the first world circumnavigation. The five ships departed from Spain in 1519. They crossed the Atlantic Ocean, then rounded the southern tip of South America through the Strait of Magellan, and then sailed the Pacific Ocean, arriving in the Philippines, where Magellan died in 1521, and finally reaching the Spice Islands on 6 November 1521.
The expedition took over two years to reach the Moluccas since their departure from Spain, and with only two of the original ships remaining. On 6 September 1522, the Victoria returned to Spain, led by Juan Sebastian Elcano. The Emperor Charles V named him as 'Primus Circumdedisti Me' the first man to circumnavigate the world, as it appears in his coat of arms.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.