|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .841 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 2,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II exclusive to Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features the research ship at sea in the Antarctic with the name RRS Sir David Attenborough shown on the outer edge of the coin.
- Guaranteed by the British government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2019 British Antarctic Territory Silver coin to your cart today!
In 2014, the UK government announced funding for the construction of a new polar research vessel for the British Antarctic Survey to replace a pair of existing vessels RRS James Clark Ross and RRS Ernest Shackleton.
The ship itself is about 125 metres long, with a beam of about 24 metres. Her draught is about 7 metres. The vessel will always have a special place in Pobjoy Mint’s history with the vessel having several of its coins from three different British Overseas Territories placed under the keel block of the RRS Sir David Attenborough..
The new polar ship is commissioned by NERC, built by Cammell Laird to a Rolls Royce design and operated by British Antarctic Survey. The vessel will have a crew of approximately 30 and accommodate up to 60 scientists and support staff.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.