Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains one counter marked Attica, Athens AR Tetradrachm 440-404 BC.
- Contains one Judaean Prutah (Widows Mite).
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the condition of these coins.
- Strike/Surface ratings will vary.
- Obverse: Lily in bloom centered.
- Reverse: Anchor centered.
- Obverse: Head of Athena right, in crested Attic helmet ornamented with three olive leaves above visor and a spiral palmette on a bowl, wearing a round earring with central boss. Lily counter mark on Athena's cheek.
- Reverse: "A O E," owl standing three-quarters right, head facing, olive sprig and crescent moon behind; all within an incuse square.
This rare set is a great way to own an important Ancient trade coin that would have circulated through one of the Ancient Worlds most famous commercial centers.
Add this Jewish Trade coin set to your cart today!
Trade in the ancient world was primarily concentrated in two areas either along the coast of the Mediterranean or along the Silk Road. Many coins of the Greek cities would trade eastward to ancient India and China along this network and as such they were tested in many of the cities by merchants trying to check the Silver content. This Athenian Owl bears test cuts as well as a purity stamp which is not unlike other examples used during the period by ancient Jewish merchants. These coins were still in circulation during the ministry of Christ and these uncommon trade coins are a rare find.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.