Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The Multifaceted Lynx Head by Canadian artist Traian Georgescu is the third coin in the 3-coin series featuring the innovative use of extraordinarily high relief (EHR). This technology application on coins is a world first, a daring new approach unlike anything the world of minting has ever seen before.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint.
- Limited mintage of only 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The reverse sculpture by Traian Georgescu features a multifaceted lynx head built out of 435 polygons. The three-dimensional form protrudes from the flat coin, invoking both nature and geometry in its execution. The extraordinarily high relief plays an integral part of the design, introducing the coin among the first of its kind in the world—sharp, brilliant and doing away with the conventional flatness of minting.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this $25 Fine Silver Multifaceted Animal Head Lynx coin to your cart today!
The Canada lynx is a mid-sized boreal forest carnivore that occurs across most of northern North America. At 75-90 centimeters (30-35 inches) long, weighing 6-14 kilograms (about 15-30 pounds), and with grizzled gray fur, lynx are similar to bobcats in size and appearance. The lynx’s exceptionally large paws, long, black ear tufts, and short, black-tipped tail distinguish it from the more common bobcat. With its large feet and long hind legs, the lynx is highly adapted to hunting its primary prey, the snowshoe hare in deep, powdery snow.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.