Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Set includes an R2 crown-sized coin, a 2 1/2c Tickey coin and a stunning Sterling Silver model of the Ranger 9 spacecraft.
- Contains 1.04 oz of fine Silver.
- Complete with a walnut wood box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse R2: Depicts the Coat of Arms of South Africa, the year of issue and the words "South Africa" in all the official languages.
- Obverse 2 1/2c Tickey: Depicts a king protea, the words ‘South Africa’ and the year 2019.
- Reverse R2: Depicts the earth as seen from a vantage point above the moon. The earth is shown from an angle that clearly displays the continent of Africa, with South Africa prominently in the foreground. The Apollo 11 module, as well as lunar lander, also appears with the dates 1964 and 1965 (the years of the Ranger missions), 1969 (the year of the first moon landing) and 2019 (the year in which the 50th anniversary of the first lunar landing will be commemorated). Reverse 2 1/2 c Tickey: Features a portion of Africa, with South Africa prominently displayed in the foreground, together with the surface of the moon. Also depicted is the Ranger spacecraft (which crashed on the moon) along with the initials ‘GMP’ in acknowledgment of the inventor of polymer putty, George Montague Pratley, and the denomination.
Add this historical 2-Piece Silver Polymer Putty set to your cart today!
The 2019 ‘South African Inventions’ theme features the history, invention and development of polymer putty as well as its journey to the moon. Invented by South African George Montague (Monty) Pratley, the world famous Pratley Putty was developed in the 1960s as an insulator and an adhesive agent for fixing brass terminals which were located inside cast iron cable junction boxes.
These examples exhibit spotting, scratches, etc.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.