Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Mintage of 150 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features a seated Liberty and headdress similar to that worn by the Statue of Liberty.
- Reverse: Depicts a wreath and the inscription INDO-CHINE FRANÇAISE / PIASTRE DE COMMERCE.
- Sovereign coin backed by Niue government.
Protect your investments from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This Gold Proof restrike is a historical coin with an amazing design. Add the 2020 Gold Proof French Trade Dollar Restrike coin to your cart today!
To control the money supply in French Indochina in 1885, the French introduced a new Silver Piastre de commerce and associated subsidiary coinage throughout the entire Indo-Chinese colonies in order to increase monetary stability. The piastre was initially equivalent to the Mexican peso. The piastre was therefore a direct lineal descendant of the Spanish pieces of eight that had been brought to the Orient from Mexico on the Manila Galleons. It was initially on a silver standard of 1 piastre = 24.4935 grams pure silver. This was reduced to 24.3 grams in 1895.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.