Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Mintage of 100.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- APMEXclusive® worldwide.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin. Comes with certificate of authenticity.
- The First Strike label guarantees that this coin was among those shipped from the mint within the first 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The Golden Shield of the Arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the National Flower) and the Bearded Fig Tree (ficus Citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters-on the right is a dolphin symbolic of the fishing industry and on the left is a Pelican, after Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbour development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane symbolic of the sugar industry. The Coat of Arms carries the motto "Pride and Industry."
- Reverse: Features two Pelicans with the ocean and clouds in the background. One Pelican is standing on a pier post and the second Pelican is a close-up of a Pelican. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue is also on the reverse.
Protect your investments by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Another great addition to the Caribbean series. Add this beautiful Pelican coin to your cart today!
The pelican (Pelecanus occidentalis) is a large, brown water bird with a peculiar pouch under its beak, webbed feet with four toes and some white on its head. Though this bird was large in size to what was accustomed to Barbados, it is the smallest of the eight species of pelicans.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.