|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Canadian artist Alan Daniel has created a stunning visual narrative of the epic task that confronted Louis Hébert as he cleared the land to establish a garden for Champlain’s Habitation. The undertaking was clearly a family affair as two of Hébert’s children are shown leaning into the pry as Hébert raises his axe to chop the roots of a tree stump. In the background, Hébert’s wife and youngest child approach with water. The location of Hébert’s land as shown in this design is based upon Champlain’s 1608 drawing of his Habitation, the fortifications of which can be seen in the distance in the coin’s design.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Limited to 1,000 coins worldwide, this coin is a highly desirable collectible. Add this 2020 1/2 oz Gold Proof coin to your cart today!
In the early 17th century, the first colonies of New France began to appear as Europeans shifted their attention away from fish that could be harvested at sea to a new source of wealth that resided on shore: fur. Fur-trading posts required permanent, fortified settlements with a variety of people to provide the skills, services and products necessary to sustain the community. When Samuel de Champlain began building his Habitation at today’s Quebec City, he knew that two critical services could be procured from one man: Louis Hébert.
Champlain had met Hébert on two previous expeditions. Hébert was an apothecary and an agriculturalist, and he accepted the position as the colony’s physician and surgeon. Hébert was also given land where he agreed to plant crops so the Habitation could become self-sufficient. Hébert sailed with his family in 1617. He was the first European in New France to support himself by farming, established its first seigneurie, and was also appointed King’s Attorney by Champlain.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.