Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The detailed engraving of the peacock, with the raised relief allows the design to stand out against a striking patterned background. With a limited number of coins available, be sure to be one of the few to own this .999 fine Silver coin in special MintDirect® Premier packaging.
- Limited mintage of 3,000 coins worldwide, with even less coins in this special packaging.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Each authentication card features the MintDirect® Premier designation.
- Obverse: Likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, date and face value, set against a patterned background.
- Reverse: Features the regal Peacock with a beautifully detailed relief, against a patterned background. Also included is the Silver weight and purity.
Secure your Silver Peacock by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Be sure to grab this extremely low mintage coin immortalized in .999 fine Silver. Add this 1 oz Silver Peacock coin to your cart today!
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance to go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier. APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint boxes. Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Treasures of India Wildlife Series
The second release of the Treasures of India Wildlife series features the Peacock, the national bird of India. The bird symbolizes grace, pride and beauty and is often used in Indian mythology and stories. The male peacock typically has the lavish display of feathers we are familiar with. The female peacock tends to be smaller and lacks the tail. The Peacock design on the coin is an original design by Veronica Mackinnon, and captures the grace and beauty of the animal.
The "CASH" denomination shown on the coin is also one of historical significance. CASH coins were currency units used during the time of British rule in India. While the origin of the word "CASH" has been up to debate, one thought is that it was derived from the Sanskrit word "karsa", equaling a weight of Silver of Gold equal to 1/400 of a "tola".
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.