- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This coin commemorates Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Park in Wisconsin. This release is number 42 of 56 coins.
- Contains .1808 oz of Silver.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts an image of Apostle Islands.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
- Mint mark features a "S" for San Francisco.
The America the Beautiful series will include 56 coins.
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore consists of 21 islands and shoreline including more than 60,000 acres on the northern most tip of Wisconsin. Known as the “Jewels of Lake Superior” the park was once occupied by the French, and the name is derived from the 12 largest islands being named after the 12 apostles. The islands are a result of large glaciers that once covered America. Today, the park is known for a surreal collection of sandstone sea caves, old-growth forests, and natural animal habitats, in-fact the park has one of the greatest concentrations of black bears in North America. The islands also have more lighthouses than any other National Park area with 8 historic towers on 6 islands. The park entered the National Parks system in 1970 and the collection of islands is accessible via ferry and kayak.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.