Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
From the RCM's research and development lab comes a prototype of innovative technology that brings storytelling to a new level. This version of the $2 coin has the look and weight of a piedfort coin but its design is the product of a new advanced minting process: multi layered engraving. Its top layer cuts away to the landscape engraved inside the coin—a world first that reveals a hidden dimension of an image we know and love.
- Limited mintage of only 279 coins.
- Contains 110 grams of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The reverse design is based on the $2 circulation coin and enhanced with multi layered engraving technology. A top plate includes a cutout of an adult polar bear on an ice floe during the summer months, while its outer ring bears the words “CANADA” and “2 DOLLARS”. The inside of the coin provides a separate base layer and features the Arctic landscape.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this one of a kind R&D Lab Multilayered Polar Bear coin to your cart today!
One of the biggest challenges of minting a story is the limited space upon which each tale can be told. But the R&D researchers have found a way to unlock more design space than ever, by extending the engraving inside the coin. This is multilayered engraving, our latest groundbreaking innovation, which makes its world debut on a low-mintage prototype. Marked by the R&D logo on the obverse, the piedfort-like piece re-imagines the $2 circulation coin as multilayered art, with a top plate that cuts away to the landscape engraved within. The polar bear image is the perfect match for our latest advanced minting process, which allows us to go deeper into detail and reveal a hidden dimension of the story. It represents the future of storytelling on our coins—a future by design.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.