Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
With its $100,000 face value, this is Canada’s second-highest denomination non-circulation coin (after the 2007 $1 million coin) and the world’s highest denomination 10 kg Gold coin. This coin is exclusively available on a mint-to-order basis.
- Limited worldwide mintage of only 10 coins.
- Contains 10 kg of .99999 fine Gold.
- A made-in-Canada masterpiece, each coin is presented in an elegant wooden collector box and accompanied by an exclusive
- Multiple finishing techniques further enhance the life-like detail on the maple leaf.
- Obverse: The regal effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt graces the obverse.
- Reverse: Features the iconic maple leaf in grand scale. The RCM has replicated the radial line finish as well as the textured maple leaf with two digits indicating the production year; they are an integral part of the original design, albeit not DNA enabled on this grand-scale tribute.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Given its exceptional rarity and exquisite engraving, this Gold coin is a first-rate investment piece for collectors and art appreciators alike. Add this 10 Kilo Proof Gold coin to your cart today!
Designed by artist Maurade Baynton, the reverse presents a tranquil nature scene centered on a Canadian icon. The coin’s Gold surface infuses the design with a warm glow, like autumn sunshine reflecting on water. Carefully sculpted rocks of all sizes fill the field, further adding to the effect of staring into a pebble-lined pond. At the center, a large-sized sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaf has been deposited onto the surface of the water, where the leaf’s slightly curled edges give it a life-like appearance while ensuring an unobstructed view of the deeply etched veins within.
Canada’s signature Gold Maple Leaf coin design made its debut in 1979 as a 1 oz. 99.9% pure Gold piece. The same design was in place in 1982 when the RCM raised the bar with the 99.99% pure Gold Maple Leaf coin—a superior purity level that became the standard for their investment pieces. And the design was unchanged in 2007, when their state-of-the-art refinery set another new benchmark: a 99.999% (five nines) gold purity level, a uniquely Canadian achievement that gives this 10 kg coin a best-in-class quality.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review