As low as $4.49 per coin over spot
|Volume Discount Pricing|
|1 - 49||$30.92||$31.24||$32.21|
|50 - 99||$29.92||$30.23||$31.17|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The new APMEXclusive® Native American Mint's 1 oz Silver bullion coin features a Sioux Indian War Chief. This coin is authorized by the Oglala Sioux Tribe, which is the largest of the Sioux nations and is located at Pine Ridge, South Dakota.
Third coin in the Sioux Buffalo series! Available only at APMEX, these coins reflect the sovereign status of Native American tribes and are instrumental in honoring tribal history and culture spanning centuries. Adding to their collectibility is the fact that they are the only American, non-U.S. government coins available in the marketplace.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver, struck in a beautiful Reverse Proof quality.
- Each coin comes in an individual capsule. Multiples of 20 come encapsulated in shrink wrapped rolls
- Obverse: A beautiful portrait of a Sioux Warrior on horseback is shown. He is ready for combat, while carrying his spear and war shield with great intensity. The war horse features striking detail with several war paint symbols which Native Americans painted to record their bravery in battle. The hand print brings great meaning and shows a vow of vengeance against an enemy. The circle around the eye was known to enhance the senses and spot danger while at war. The straight horizontal lines across the nasal bridge were coup marks, or count of war honors proving the overthrowing of a settlement.
- Reverse: Depicts a 19th Century Indian war shield. On the shield are two buffalo colliding in combat as well as a tepee and banner with the name of the tribe. The 8 Tepees represent the districts of the Oglala Sioux reservation.
- These are non-circulating, legally authorized coins by a federally recognized sovereign nation, but are not legal tender.
- Royalties from the sale of these coins assist Native American charities and raises tribal awareness.
Beautifully display your Sioux Indian coin by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The designs on these Silver coins represent the history and culture of Native American tribes, and the royalties aid in their continued existence as federally recognized tribes. Add this beautiful 1 oz Silver Sioux Indian War Chief coin to your cart today!
Among the numerous Native American nations that have lived on the Great Plains were the Sioux. They occupied the territory of North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Montana, Illinois, and Nebraska. Their struggle with the Europeans began in the 17th century when Frenchman Jean Duluth moved into their territory and occupied their land. Matters would grow far more contentious.
The tribe of the Sioux was actually made up of a few smaller tribes that were very powerful and had a rich history of famous tribe members. Some of the most notable of these Indian chiefs were Sitting Bull, Red Cloud, Lone Horn, Flying Hawk, Crazy Horse, and Spotted Elk. Fortunately, many of these faces haven’t been forgotten: their photographs are easily recognized and testify to their personal struggle and courageous contributions.
Indigenous Native American tribes have tribal sovereignty in the United States, giving them the authority to govern themselves within the borders of the United States. These tribes are considered "domestic dependent nations," which is a form of parallel sovereignty within the U.S. constitutional framework.
This coin is an official commercial item that represents the tribe, but there is no legal face value, as tribes are not allowed to create their own currencies. This ability is reserved for the federal government.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.