|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited mintage of only 750 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coin may have scratches and abrasions.
- Obverse: Features the lunar calendar wheel, with the rat at the top of the wheel, and the Ian-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a clever rat, surrounded by auspicious lychee. Also included is the title "Year of the Rat", along with the metal content and purity.
The Royal Australian Mint has released a new Gold Domed coin to celebrate the first animal in the Chinese Lunar calendar, the rat. Add this special 2020 1 oz Gold Domed Lunar Year of the Rat Proof coin to your cart today!
Lunar Year of the Rat
The rat is the first sign of the twelve-year lunar calendar, and 2020 brings the year of the metal rat. People born under this sign are known for being talented, persuasive and self-aware. The traditional story of the zodiac race also describes the Rat's clever, and quick-witted nature. When the Jade Emperor had the twelve animals of the zodiac race across the river to decide which order they would go in, the rat hitched a ride on the strong Ox, and managed to come in first.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review