Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The late 1930s were a time of tumult for the British monarchy. King George V's silver jubilee year, 1935, ended sadly when he fell gravely ill. He passed away in January 1936. His son Edward VIII's ascension was short-lived: Edward abdicated later that year, leaving his brother, George VI, to take the throne. These shifts in leadership meant that mints across the British Empire had to make ongoing changes to coinage in collaboration with the Royal Mint in London—a time-consuming task in this era. As matters at Windsor Castle calmed in 1938, the Government of Canada, unable to issue a commemorative coin in time for George VI's 1937 coronation, decided to celebrate His Majesty's planned royal visit in 1939—the first of its kind on Canadian soil—and thus this commemorative silver dollar was born.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 4,000 coins.
- Obverse: The obverse of your coin features the effigy of King George VI by Humphrey Paget from the original 1939 Silver dollar.
- Reverse: Focused simply and elegantly on the center Block of Canadian Parliament, this coin highlights the stately Peace Tower. This Canadian icon is linked to the country's status within the British Empire (now the Commonwealth) through Latin text honoring King George VI across the top of the reverse: "FIDE SVORVM REGNAT," which translates to "He reigns by the faith of his people." The reverse also features the text "CANADA", the denomination of "1 DOLLAR" and the date "2017". The obverse features the effigy of King George VI from the original 1939 Silver dollar.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A unique keepsake for anyone to cherish for a lifetime, add this 2017 2 oz Royal Visit Parliament Building coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.