|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Jody Clark design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features artwork by Wiradjuri artist Scott Towney, featuring the Emu in the sky constellation.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The emu constellation has been a source of wonder and storytelling, with the constellation stretching from the Southern Cross to Sagittarius. Instead of a constellation of bright stars, this Aboriginal constellation is traced by dark spaces in the Milky Way. The first coin in the Star Dreaming series celebrates this constellation. Add this 1/2 oz Silver Star Dreaming Emu in the Sky coin to your cart today!
Emu in the Sky
Australian Aboriginal culture dates back more than 65,000 years. For tens of thousands of years, stars have been used as maps, calendars, time keepers and provided a backdrop for important storytelling. The Emu in the Sky, "Gugurmin", constellation traces the dark spaces in the Milky Way, and represents various stories. In the Northern Territory, one tale tells of a blind man banishing the spirit of the emu to the sky after his wife died trying to collect eggs. In Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, there is an Aboriginal engraving that appears to match the Emu in the Sky constellation. The orientation of the constellation changes throughout the year, with the emu at different times appearing to be running, or sitting. This helped some tribes know whether it was emu hunting or collecting time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review