Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Apollo 13 was the seventh crewed mission in the Apollo space program and the third mission was meant to land on the moon. However, two days into the mission quickly turned into one of making sure the crew were brought home alive.
- Mintage of only 650 coins worldwide.
- Comes presented acrylic holder along with a full color sleeve that certifies authenticates the coin.
- Each coin contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Features a Proof Finish in high-relief.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II exclusive to Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features the Lunar Module splashing down in the South Pacific with the parachutes falling behind it. A helicopter can be seen hovering over the module with the USS Iwo Jima on the horizon. The NASA logo and the Apollo 13 Crew Patch are also featured in the design.
- Guaranteed by Pobjoy Mint.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 2020 ASC 2 oz Silver Proof 50th Anniversary of Apollo 13 coin to your cart today!
Launched on 11th April 1970, the Apollo spacecraft consisted of two independent crafts joined by a tunnel – the orbiter Odyssey and the lander Aquarius. The Lunar module was only designed to support two men on the lunar surface for the two days, but following the explosion in the gas tank, Mission control had to come up with new procedures to allow support all three men for a period of four day while the spacecraft looped around the moon and made its way back to earth.
During this time the three astronauts experienced a harsh time with limited power, against the odds Apollo 13 was brought home safely which made
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.