|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains .2419 oz of Gold.
- Mintage of 155,400.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and guarantees the XF-40 condition of the coin, and Bass pedigree.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America" and the denomination.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht.
- Coins minted in San Francisco feature the 'S' mint mark.
Harry Bass was a Dallas coin collector who mainly collected Gold coinage. Not only did he collect them, he also studied die varieties and fatigue, he is also known for having the only complete set of $3 Gold coins containing the coveted 1870-S. After his death in 1997, his collection estimating around $25 million dollars was parted out between auction, and being donated to the American Numismatic Museum where it's currently on display.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.