|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Mintage of only 1,000 coins
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a themed box in the original capsule with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Featuring a coin shaped like The Buel Spoon with a hook.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands government.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
A perfect gift for your any avid fisherman. Add this 1/10 oz Gold Buel Spoon coin to your cart today!
One of the pioneers of the way we fish was a man by the name of Julio T. Buel. He created a fishing lure that revolutionized the industry. He was out fishing one day in 1834 on Lake Bomoseen in Vermont. Legend has it that his boat hit a rock as he was eating and he dropped his spoon into the water. As he watched it wiggle it way to the bottom, he noticed a fish came and grabbed his spoon and made off with it.
Realizing the potential, he quickly made his way back home and “borrowed” a spoon from his mother. He sawed off the handle and drilled a hole on one end and soldered a hook on the other. He went back out and ended up catching two large brown trouts that he had been trying for years to catch. He then went about town to tell his story and soon people wanted him to make the Buel Lure for themselves. He ended up receiving a patent for his design and was recognized worldwide for his invention. His lure is still being sold today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product