|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- These $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1934.
- Housed in archival quality currency sleeve.
- Each note will be in Crisp Uncirculated condition.
- Face: Features a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: Displays an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
- Wide I variety.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Julian/Snyder signatures—Friedberg #1653.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
Series 1934-D $5 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers and saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s, so notes this well preserved are getting difficult to find.
Although they are still legal tender, their blue seals and serial numbers make these notes great collector items.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review