Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited mintage of only 500 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Obverse: Includes the entire representation of The Wave in a rectangular shape. Also including in the background of the design is the ceiling of the Grand Palais. The title of the art work, the name of the artist, and the 2020 year date also appear on the obverse.
- Reverse: Is common to the series and features several views of major French museums including Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, a fresco of the Hotel Sale, Hotel Biron, and Centre Pompidou stairway. The face value and words "Republique Francaise" are also inscribed.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold proof coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for an art enthusiast. Add this 2020 Gold €200 Masterpieces of Museums Proof The Wave coin to your cart today!
Created during the Edo era of 1830-1833, The Big Wave of Kanagawa is part of Hokusai's series "Thirty-Six Views of the Fuji Mount" and is considered the most famous. Hokusai's was known as a specialist in ukiyo-e, a Japanese printing technique which was popular during the era. The series can be found in museums all over the world, including the Guiment Museum in Paris. The Wave was also displayed in the Grand Palais in 2014 during an exhibition dedicated to Japanese artist.
The Grand Palais
Built in 1897, the Grand Palais was created on the occasion of the Universal Exhibition of 1900. With a classic facade and its glass roof, the Grand Palais has become a symbol of Art Nouveau. Exhibitions, fashion shows, fairs, and many varied and diverse events have been shown in this historic monument.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.