Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited mintage of only 1,500 coins.
- Contains 0.25 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Obverse: Shows the Guernica painting in the location it was painted, Picasso's workshop in Paris. The title of the artwork and name of the artist are visible on the workshop's wood beam.
- Reverse: Is common to the series and features several views of major French museums including Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, a fresco of the Hotel Sale, Hotel Biron, and Centre Pompidou stairway. The face value and words "Republique Francaise" are also inscribed.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold proof coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for an art enthusiast. Add this 2020 Gold €50 Masterpieces of Museums Proof (Guernica) coin to your cart today!
Guernica, one of Picasso's most famous works, is an oil painting with an impressive size. The painting stands over 11' tall and 25' wide and depicts Guernica's bombing, along with a bull which is often present in Picasso's works. The painting is currently exhibited in the Art Centre Reina Sofia Museum of Madrid in Spain.
Located just a few meters from Monnaie de Paris, the impressive Guernica was painted in Picasso's studio at 7 rue des Grands Augustins. Located in a large attic with a sloping frame, the studio has huge windows that let in natural light.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.