Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The detailed engraving of the peacock, with the raised relief allows the design to stand out against a striking patterned background.
- Extremely limited mintage of 100 coins.
- Includes the Certificate of Authenticity #3, along with a display box.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- APMEXclusive® worldwide.
- Second release of the Treasures of India Wildlife Gold bullion collection.
- Obverse: Likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, date and face value, set against a patterned background.
- Reverse: Features the regal Peacock with a beautifully detailed relief, against a patterned background. Also included is the Gold weight and purity.
Handle your Gold coin with care by adding cotton gloves to your order.
Add the St. Helena 1 oz Gold £100 Cash Indian Wildlife: The Peacock coin with COA #3 to your cart today!
Treasures of India Wildlife Series
The second release of the Treasures of India Wildlife series features the Peacock, the national bird of India. The bird symbolizes grace, pride and beauty and is often used in Indian mythology and stories. The male peacock typically has the lavish display of feathers we are familiar with. The female peacock tends to be smaller and lacks the tail. The Peacock design on the coin is an original design by Veronica Mackinnon, and captures the grace and beauty of the animal.
The "CASH" denomination shown on the coin is also one of historical significance. CASH coins were currency units used during the time of British rule in India. While the origin of the word "CASH" has been up to debate, one thought is that it was derived from the Sanskrit word "karsa", equaling a weight of Silver or Gold equal to 1/400 of a "tola".
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.